Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Final Countdown


Saying Goodbye to America For 3 Months

This post may not be as exciting as the ones to come, but it is part of the experience which makes it important. I also want to mention that I am currently writing this at 12:37 in the morning, so if it doesn't quite make sense, I apologize!

I can't believe that I am about to board a plane in 12 hours... As surprising as that may be, it is even more surprising that I managed to cram my life into two suitcases and a book bag. Packing has been extremely challenging for me, and I delayed it as long as I possibly could! Since moving home during Christmas break, time has flown by. I managed to find a couple of part time jobs that kept me busy and helped me save up some money. I also spent a lot of time with Mamma Suz (my mom) and Darrin. I hate to admit it, but I spent quite a bit of time with Netflix watching way too many hours of Grey's Anatomy as well. More than anything, I would say that being home was a time for relaxation and preparation. I wouldn't trade reading and journaling in the quietness of my room, scrapbooking with my grandma, watching TV with Darrin, and bonding with my mom for the world.

The group I'm traveling with leaves Omaha tomorrow at 1:10 p.m. with a layover in Minneapolis before flying to Paris. We have about a 5 hour layover there before heading to the Czech Republic! If all goes as planned, we should arrive in Prague around 3:00 p.m. on the 13th. With the 7 hour time change, it will be a very long day of traveling... please keep us all in your prayers (we may need it after the 8 and a half hour trip to France).

It seems like just yesterday I decided to apply for a shot at studying abroad, so to be here right now preparing to leave is truly incredible and a little surreal. I feel beyond ready to take on the Czech Republic!

No comments:

Post a Comment